227 E. 2nd St.
Williamsburg, PA 16693
CREST: Upon a chapeau Gules furred Ermine, a bee on a thistle Proper
MOTTO: Dulcius ex asperis: Sweeter after difficulties
A Short History
- The purposes for which the Clan Ferguson Society of North America was formed in 1972 (and its continued purposes) are:
- To collect, preserve and promote interest in and study of literary, historical and genealogical records and documents and relics relating to the history of the Clan Fergusson and/or Scotland.
- To honor our Scottish heritage and to inspire among our members and descendants, the pride and spirit of our Scottish ancestors and to perpetuate and present and disseminate to the public for the present and future, those traditions, values, qualities and attitudes from the past which have proven to be of sound social benefit.
- To come to the relief of the poor and distressed and to provide for the advancement of education and science.
- The Clan Fergusson Society of North America also maintains and administers the Clan Fergusson Charitable Trust which exists solely for charitable purposes including, but not limited to, the advancement of education, science and the arts. This is accomplished, for example, through educational grants and scholarships and the dissemination of historical and genealogical information.